Hey, nessun commento finora? 🙂
stavolta foto meno conosciute, e il titolo non mi dice nulla
3 Lisa Marie e Tim Burton
4 Esther Williams
5 i Pearl Jam? un gruppo grunge anni ’90?
6 Matthew Modine in Full Metal Jacket
8 Britney e il primo dei suoi figli
Speriamo che qualche altro lettore decida di partecipare. Effettivamente stavolta le foto che mi hanno colpita di più questa settimana non sono proprio note. Veniamo ai tuoi suggerimenti.
3. ok (foto meravigliosa, vero?)
5. Pearl Jam no, grunge…neanche tanto, a ben pensarci…
6. certo che sì
8. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (non è Britney)
8: Kate Hudson? però è identica a Britney in quella foto
(dai lettrici partecipate! voglio sapere delle altre immagini! 🙂
Sorry, non è nemmeno Kate Hudson!
title and no. 1: no clue
no. 2: Azzedine Alaia
no. 3: Tim Burton
no. 4, 5, 6: no idea
no. 7: Sonia Braga?
no. 8: Nicole Richie and daughter (Harlow?)
no. 9:I’m guessing he’s a make up artist, maybe Shu Uemura (from the big eyelashes i see in his drawing)
no 10: no idea
Thanks for your comment 🙂
title and 1. I agree: not easy at all.
7. Not Sonia Braga, but Cher in the 70s (with a Tina Turner-like sequined fringe dress)
8. right! She’s Nicole Richie with the adorable Harlow!!!
9. he’s not a make-up artist, but he’s Japanese, just like Uemura
I can’t believe a know some:
1) big explosion in Akira
2) Azzedine Alaïa in his studio
8 ) Nicole Ritchie and daugther
9) Leiji Matsumoto
1. YES!!!! You’re right! That is the atomic explosion in one of my favourite manga books ever, Akira by Katsuhiro Ōtomo.
2. Of course: this is the one and only Azzedine Alaïa.
9. YES!!! He’s my favourite mangaka, love his work sooooo much, such a genius!
I adore Matsumoto’s style. The eyes he’s drawing are so elegant and mysterious!
The last picture is John Zachary DeLorean with a DeLorean sports car. I knew about the car (from “back to the future” eh eh) but not about the man. Thank you for the inspiration!
Me too! Matsumoto is a genius, I love all the characters of his manga books, but in particular the women, with those mysterious eyes and super-long hair, like Meeme in Uchū kaizoku Kyaputen Hārokku (Capitan Harlock).
Your guess is right! He is Mr DeLorean with the most famous car produced by his car industry (it was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro).
Here is the solution 🙂
1. The atomic explosion scene from the manga book Akira by Katsuhiro Ōtomo
2. Azzedine Alaïa in his atelier
3. Lisa Marie and Tim Burton
4. Esther Williams
5. Faith No More
6. Matthew Modine in Full Metal Jacket by Stanley Kubrick
8. Nicole Richie and her daughter Harlow
9. Leiji Matsumoto
10. John Zachary DeLorean
The title comes from one of my favourite scenes in Kubrick’s movie, the conversation between Pogue Colonel and Joker about the peace sign and “Born to Kill” written on the helmet (this dualism reminds me of my favourite war poet, Siegfried Sassoon).
Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Where’d you get it?
Private Joker: I don’t remember, sir.
Pogue Colonel: What is that you’ve got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: “Born to Kill”, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You write “Born to Kill” on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What’s that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Private Joker: No, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You’d better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you’ll be standing tall before the man.
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.
Pogue Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new posts via email.